My kitchen design choices

So during a kitchen renovation, I should have done something different.  I decided to do turquoise and grey in the kitchen with pops of yellow.  I painted the wall white then proceeded to use "real turquoise" on the cabinets with very pale countertops.  Needless to say it looks like a whitewashed pale mess.  How am I going to fix this?

So I pull out my kit of paints and lo and behold I darkened the blue color to a more green turquoise and it worked.  I need to repaint the cabinets anyway, but, I feel so lucky that it was easy to fix.  Anyone who is going to do quite a bit of painting needs to invest in a paint sprayer, it is worth every single penny.  Especially if you mess up and have to redo it.

Sometimes my errors end up making a better result.  Never use all pastel colors in one room, it needs contrast, desperately.  My best result with mixing colors was a bright yellow mixed with a turquoise color.  The room is inviting and original.  Of course, I was leaning towards a beach style house and I think it was achieved.  However I don't recommend using light grey with light blue.

Make sure you buy the right tools and do a test before painting the entire project.  Expect that as all renovations go, you probably will have some missteps and mistakes.  It comes with the DIY territory.
You can expect some things to go better than you thought.  My favorite thing was simply spray painting the cabinet hardware a metallic silver that turned out very well.  It also saved me about 50.00.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychic Readings

Perseus, and Being Human.....is it possible there are semi divine humans in the world today?

My new dog Poseidon